If you like hot and spicy, you’ll love this recipe! This recipe was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe.
10 to 20 (depending on size) jalapenos or other hot peppers, with stems
1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ounce hidden valley ranch dressing mix (about 3 tablespoons of the dressing mix)
- Cut each jalapeno pepper in half and remove the entire contents of the inside of the pepper. Leaving some of the membranes and seeds will result in a hotter pepper, so how you clean out the insides is totally up to your taste. Wearing disposable latex gloves while doing this will protect your hands from hot pepper juice.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 20 seconds or leave it out on the counter for a half hour.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the ranch dressing powder and the grated cheese to the bowl with the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Fill jalapeno halves with the cream cheese/ranch dressing/grated cheese mixture.
- Cook at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on them. This can also be put on a grill – it will take far less time, but will demand your constant attention if done on the grill.