1 bunch kale
1 lemon, juiced
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. sesame oil
2 t. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 t. honey or agave
1/4 t. salt
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
1/4 c. pistachio kernels, roasted and salted
- Wash and dry kale and remove stems with a sharp knife. Cut or tear leaves into large, bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or shaker bottle, combine lemon juice, oils, mustard, honey or agave and salt. Whisk or shake until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over kale and toss for 2 – 3 minutes to distribute dressing. Refrigerate and allow kale to soften for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare apple and pistachios.
- Add diced apples to kale and toss. Plate each serving and top with pistachios.