6 bell peppers
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice (white or brown)
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 2 cloves garlic)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or use 1 small onion)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
*can top with shredded cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rice.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender. You can add shredded cheese on top of each pepper for the last 15 minutes of cooking, if desired. ENJOY!!