3/4 cup chopped hot peppers (leave seeds if Lemon Drop peppers) You can adjust this amount depending on your heat preference.
2 cups of chopped sweet bell peppers (if you adjust the hot pepper quantity, make up for it with sweet bell peppers)
2 and 2/3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 teaspoons calcium water (comes with Pomona’s Universal Pectin)
2 1/2 cups honey or 4 2/3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons Pectin powder
- Add chopped peppers to the vinegar, then add the calcium water.
- Bring the peppers and vinegar to a boil. Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir pectin into 1 cup honey or 1 cup of the sugar
- Add this to the pepper/vinegar mixture and stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add the remaining honey or sugar, and bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Fill jars to 1/4″ of top. Wipe rims clean. Screw on 2-piece lids.
- Put filled jars in boiling water to cover. Boil 10 – 15 minutes (add 1 minute more for every 1,000 ft above sea level.)
- Remove from water. Let jars cool. Check – seals/lids should be sucked down.
YIELD: 7 half-pint jars