12 oz. jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, and deveined
2 cups cider vinegar, divided
6 cups granulated sugar
2 pouches (6 oz total) liquid pectin
- Prepare canner, jars, and lids.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree peppers and 1 cup of vinegar until smooth.
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine pepper puree, remaining 1 cup vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil, stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin. Boil hard, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam.
- Quickly pour hot jelly into jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool, and store.
You could bypass the water bath canning process by sharing some and keeping the rest in your refrigerator. It should keep for at least a month.